Setup stream to vimeo

I am testing a Pearl Nano and would like to see if there is a way to create a stream to Vimeo without using the Epiphan Cloud.
I know I can logon to the cloud and create the event with the URL and security key. I am trying to only logon to the Pearl Nano as an admin and setup the stream.
I have see documentation for setting up a RTMP to YouTube but if I can get some direction for Vimeo, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello,

There would be no difference in setting up the stream to Vimeo from the Pearl’s point of view, it’s still the same information we need from the CDN, i.e. URL and Stream Key. The only thing that’s different is how you get that information from Vimeo vs YouTube etc.

This is the section from our online guide on how to set up an RTMP stream in the Admin panel: https://www.epiphan.com/userguides/pearl-nano/Content/stream/streamCDNTRMP.htm?Highlight=rtmp

Most platforms, like Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo etc. will not require a username/password so you can leave that blank. The Stream key essentially acts as those credentials.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

thank you for the info and it was spot on. I do have a follow up question. Is it possible to to use the API to create two streams? We are able to create the first one but we are not seeing how to create the second.
I am certain I am missing something.

In the existing published HTTP API it does only allow for the creation and modification of the first logical stream. We can certainly ask or development team to see if there may be any undocumented commands or changes coming to the API, however I would recommend posing your questions at info@epiphan.com for tracking and further assistance!

1 Like