Pearl Nano M.2 SSD not recognized

I recently purchased 2 Pearl Nanos for my church, we also bought and installed 2 1TB SSD (hynix gold p31).
On first power on I ran the firmware update, after the update completed I noticed the SSD was not being recognized and in the cloud says “storage not ready”…
after reading through the user guide I noticed the issue of formatting the drive after first power on which I’m assuming was interrupted by the reboot during firmware update…
I left them on overnight hoping they would be ok by morning, still nothing…

I thought maybe it was having trouble after the format was interrupted so I slaved the drive on a Ubuntu pc and formatted the drive as EXT4, re installed it into the Pearl Nano and still it is not showing…

Is there something I’m missing or any deeper admin or command line access I could check if the disk is being recognized at all, or to check status of formatting?

Also a good feature to implement is a warning that shows on the screen while the drive is formatting and some sort of status page either on screen or in the admin control panel.

Hello there! I’m sorry you’re running into this issue with your Pearl Nano! After looking into the drive you’ve mentioned here it looks like it’s NVMe format. Unfortunately, the Pearl Nano only supports SATA M.2 drives, so this is why the drive is not being recognized properly by the Nano. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully this helps answer your question. I’ll pass your suggestion on to the development team, some sort of formatting status message would be useful!