Pearl Nano - M.2 SSD missing information

Hello everybody,

the new Pearl Nano has now been released and one copy is already here on my desk !

When the Pearl is started for the first time, a firmware upgrade is offered; if you do this after registration, an error occurs first, which of course scares you at first.

But now version 4.14.0.j is apparently running …

A memory card or an M.2 SSD must be installed for recordings, although it is not entirely clear which type of SSD is required - a modern M.2 NVMe (PCIe) or a classic M.2 SATA SSD?

The enclosed installation brochure refers to ephiphan.com, but there is no information about the NANO yet … the SSD could have been done better, since no recordings are possible with the * without * storage medium. Luckily I still had an SD card lying around.

** Which type of “M2. SSD” with which length / key coding is required?

A “M2. 2280 Samsung 860 EVO” would be ok. ?

1 Like

“Search” on the Epiphan pages … finally information is found …

-> Internal storage: SATA M.2 2280 SSD storage6 (M Key connector)

Had the same problem. Bought a M.2 2280 SSD storage that did not work. Did not know that a NVMe card is another technology than SATA. I think many customers do not know. The information provided could / should be improved to help customers buy the right products that the system supports.

Hello Grind,

Thank you very much for your suggestions on this matter. I have reached out to our marketing team so we can explore how we might be able to further improve the visibility of SSD compatibility with Nano devices.

Hope you’re well!

I bought this it’s not showing up

WD_BLACK 1TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280

Will it or will it not work.
It goes into the slot just fine…

Hello Matt,
The WD_Black 1TB SN770 NVMe drive will not work with the Pearl Nano as it is an NVMe M.2 drive. You would need to use a SATA M.2 drive with the Nano. Mechanically the two are quite similar and fit in the same sort of slots, but they are not the same specification. I hope that this helps!