YouTube LIVE issue: User not enabled for live streaming

I have set up the Epiphan Webcaster x2 to stream out of our video control room City Public Meetings over YouTube. During testing I could see YouTube and the encoder were talking but when I went to hit the start button on the encoder screen I got this error message: User is not enabled for live streaming. We checked our
YouTube account settings and it said we were enabled for live streaming, so I contacted the Google YouTube support team and this was their reply: I didn’t find any issues with your channels live streaming capability. Kindly try to reach out with Webcaster X2 to check if there’s an issue with their encoder.
I am at a loss and would appreciate any help in resolving this issue? Thank you.

The “User is not enabled” error is directly reported from the YouTube API. I haven’t seen it be anything else, but it would be a good idea to unpair, reboot, and re-pair the unit as a troubleshooting step. If you continue to see this issue then testing with another YouTube account would be my recommendation, this would let us see if it is indeed the account that is the issue.

Hi. I spoke again with YouTube and shared your thoughts with them. I also
did the tests you suggested. They had me re-set my stream key. I did the
re-set and I still got the same error message on the encoder screen. I
also tried live streaming on a different account and I did not get the
error message on the encoder screen, but it still didn’t work. I did get
the error on YouTube saying: Live stream offline, Streamed live 6 minutes
ago. The time I was streaming kept track, but it always said that Live
stream was offline. The stream health on both YouTube Channel tries was No
data No active stream.

Attempt #1 - City of Chandler YouTube Channel
Error Message on Encoder Screen: The user is not enabled for live
streaming
Error on YouTube Screen: Stream Health: No data No
active stream

Attempt #2 - Personal YouTube Channel
No Error on Encoder Screen ( it appeared to start stream)
Error on YouTube Screen: Stream Health: No data No
active stream and Live stream offline, Streamed live 6 minutes ago

Both accounts were enable for live stream. Let me know if you need me to
test something else or I need to set something up differently.

Stacy Sacco
Video Production Coordinator
Communications & Public Affairs
480-782-2223
stacy.sacco@chandleraz.gov

Ok, the personal account at least isn’t showing the previous error so lets continue testing with this for the moment. It may be that your firewall is blocking the communication of the actual stream. We need ports: 80 (http), 443 (https), and 1935 (rtmp). It may be a good idea to just put the Webcaster X2 on a DMZ for a test.

I had our IT department check on what you suggested and they reported back
that we are good on the ports and nothing is being blocked. I did the
reset of the key stream as YouTube suggested and did a repair of the
device. I tested on two different YouTube accounts (both live enabled) and
I am getting the same results on both channels:

The encoder is saying it is connected to the YouTube account and is
streaming and I no longer get the error on the encoder page saying: User
not enabled for live streaming.

I am still getting on the YouTube page: Stream Health: No data No active
stream Stream Offline and no live streaming is happening

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Stacy Sacco
Video Production Coordinator
Communications & Public Affairs
480-782-2223
stacy.sacco@chandleraz.gov

Hmm, so the Webcaster X2 itself reports that everything is fine? I would generally think that this is a network firewall issue if the Webcaster believes it streamed the data out but YouTube never received it. Would it be possible for your network admins to place the Webcaster X2 temporarily on a DMZ to test? Or alternatively place the Webcaster X2 on another network for a test, like on a WiFi hotspot or a home network?

hello c[quote=“AdamFrame, post:6, topic:197, full:true”]
Hmm, so the Webcaster X2 itself reports that everything is fine? I would generally think that this is a network firewall issue if the Webcaster believes it streamed the data out but YouTube never received it. Would it be possible for your network admins to place the Webc

YouTube users were not able to stream live videos from their iPhones or Android phones, due to a YouTube policy which does not allow someone with a disabled account to stream live video. In the past, if one of your accounts was disabled for whatever reason, you would be unable to livestream your content. Visit for more details here https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=GB&template=terms