Webcaster x2 Video and audio out of sync

I purchased my webcaster x2 in December 2017, and it worked fine, but the last two Live streams I have done the video and audio is out of sync. Is there anything I can check to correct this issue?

If the video and audio are synchronized over HDMI to Webcaster X2 before streaming it should remain in sync, unless if you are running into upload bandwidth issues. In uncommon cases, if the upload speed is insufficient and the communication to the server isn’t quick enough it can break the sync between video and audio. If you are introducing analog audio to HDMI video where the sync might not be perfect, unfortunately you would need to introduce an audio delay externally before reaching Webcaster X2.

I would recommend testing a different network as well for streaming to verify if the sync issue is still occurring. If you are streaming using WIFI, please try Ethernet.

My upload speed is 23.7 mbps and I am using the hdmi audio. I did a test last night and checked the hide the UI automatically (better performance) that seemed to help with the issue. I am going to do a live show tonight and see how that works. I also disabled the comments to see if that helped. I will let you know how it works tonight.

If enabling the “hide the UI” feature assisted with the sync, it’s possible it could be a higher CPU load on the Webcaster dependent on the physical connections/sources and configuration. Please do keep us posted on your results.

I did a live last night, and it seemed to work during the stream, but when I looked back at the replay, it was out of sync a little bit. I have the webcaster hardwired, so I really would like to know what the issue may be. Thanks!

I would recommend trying a factory reset of the unit:

Click on Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Data Reset, Reset Device. This will return it to factory default with the current firmware. Hopefully this might resolve the issue, however if it persists I would recommend sending us an email at info@epiphan.com with your exact configuration including:
Camera make and model, any adapters/splitters/switchers/audio sources, length of cables, link to the page or stream so that we can view the sync issue so that we can further assist you in troubleshooting, as well as a screenshot of your speed test for reference

Ok. I will try the reset today. Thank you!