Webcaster x2 error with facebook live - page access token

So we streamed our first video tonight, and it seemed to work great! During the stream, we noticed a message in red that kept popping up below the preview - #210 This call requires a Page access token.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Typically this error message would mean that there is an issue in the pairing of your account or issues accessing account information. It would typically require a complete unpair and new pairing of the Webcaster X2 with your account.

You would need to go on Facebook, go to Settings, business integration, select and delete the Epiphan Webcaster application. Next, ensure you unpair the Webcaster X2. Then start the pairing process over. Ensure that permissions are set to public when pairing.

Once paired the device should work as intended, however if the issue continues to appear, it may be a security restriction. Typically this could happen if you have a Firewall on the network restricting access.

We followed your instructions and umpaired the device and removed it from Facebook. We paired the device again and set it public. We are still getting the error.

I am not sure if it is related, but we are streaming to a page that i have Editor access, and not my timeline. Is there some special permission that i need to the page?

Or is there something else that we are missing?

The stream seems unaffected by the error message.

We had the same message pop up throughout our stream this morning. Our first stream ended on its own about 15 seconds in, but the second try seemed to work normally except for the error popping up throughout the broadcast.
Our device has been setup and connected to my Facebook account since August.

We started experiencing this error message since last week, before that we were fine, we have been streaming twice every week since November 2017. It does not seem to affect the actual LIVE broadcast though, viewers does not seem to be affected, the monitor keeps jumping though as a result of the error message keeps popping up

We have notified the development team to investigate the. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and apologize for the inconvenience with the error message

2 Likes

I got the same message tonight. I have streamed to Facebook numerous times and never saw it before.

The developers investigated and it appears that FB changed something in their API causing the Webcaster X2 to be unable get user pictures for comments if the device is streaming to a page or group (not timeline.)

The only workaround to prevent the error code currently would be going under preferences and disabling the comments before streaming.

The error code itself does not affect the stream capabilities or qualities. A fix has already been created and will be part of the next firmware release

So no issues with the stream despite the message, and I still get comments normally. Excellent. I can happily live with the minor message issue, but will be glad when the firmware update arrives. Thanks and best wishes.