USB audio from Blue SnowBall not working

Just tried hooking up my USB microphone. I can see it in the Audio and Devices in settings but I can’t get it to send audio into the video. I also tried a Brio4K webcam (video works!) and a C920 (video doesn’t work) but I can’t get audio from either, only from my a6000 over HDMI.

Can you confirm that you are enabling USB audio under preferences?

Please note that only UAC audio devices will work with Webcaster X2. As the USB features are beta features we have not tested all USB video and audio sources. It’s possible that some audio devices may not have compatibility. If the microphone is also powered over USB it’s possible the microphone is not receiving enough power and may require an external USB powered hub between the Webcaster X2 and the microphone connected.

Can indeed confirm, tried it with and without the USB camera support enabled too. I’ll give the powered USB hub idea a try tonight since it is indeed powered over USB.

Tried it with a powered USB hub, still doesn’t work.

Unfortunately as it is a USB Beta feature it’s possible that at the moment your specific microphone is not directly compatible with Webcaster X2 . We apologize for the inconvenience

Yeah, Realize that. Well, if you want to add support, I do software troubleshooting for a living.

I would guess the issue is in a bitrate that microphone provides by default. But it is only a guess.