Unstable frame rate

Dear sirs,
I am using a camera that supply 1920x1080 30hz SDI video and I suspect that the frame rate is not correct. maybe I am not using the SDK properly. Attached, please find a very simple time measurement that I added to your SDK example v2u.

When I run your app, the title display 1920x1080 30hz. Is it what FrmGrab_DetectVideoMode returned or is it the real frequency as grabbed by the app?

Attached, please find the source code I am using .
I appreciate if you can send me a sample code to demonstrate a proper frame

Regards,
Udi Raz

![Capture|598x254]

I must regretfully inform you that SDK support for the DVI2USB/SDI2USB/DVI2PCIe ended a number of years ago, and the source code is no longer available. The scope of support we can provide regarding the legacy SDK will unfortunately be very limited, but we will do our best to help in anyway we can!

In this matter, I am not entirely sure I understand the question. Are you wanting to GET capture resolution and refresh rate of a connected source using your own app, similar to how the Epiphan Capture Tool displays this information?

Hi Ryan,

I appreciate your support. All I want is to be able to grab a frame each 33msec ( I.e. 30hz ). The code that I sent you capture frame at a variable frame rate (31,32,31,32,47 ). A resolution of 1-2 msec is not an issue, but having
a frame after 47 msec from time to time is.

Thanks,

Udi

Let me look into this for you and I will report back. Thanks again for your patience

To confirm, if you capture your video source using Epiphan Capture Tool, ensuring that “Frame rate” is enabled in the display settings under “Tools” and then check a recording performed by the Epiphan Capture Tool to see what the capture frame rate is, does the files metadata report 30fps?

What is the colour, when nothing is connected to the input, of the LED on the capture card when connected to your computer?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

[https://epiphan.com/forum/user_avatar/epiphan.com/ryan_h/45/706_2.png]

Ryan_Hhttps://epiphan.com/forum/u/ryan_h Customer Success, Team Lead
April 11

To confirm, if you capture your video source using Epiphan Capture Tool, ensuring that “Frame rate” is enabled in the display settings under “Tools” and then check a recording performed by the Epiphan Capture Tool to see what the capture frame rate is, does the files metadata report 30fps?

What is the colour, when nothing is connected to the input, of the LED on the capture card when connected to your computer?