Trouble connecting via Ethernet or WiFi

I connected the Webcaster X2 to the internet with a mouse etc… and I cant get it to connect either on Ethernet or WiFi.
I was hoping to update the firmware from 2.6.1xx to 2.8 but I’m not having any luck getting it to connect to the internet.
It won’t put up a pairing code either for either Facebook or YouTube.
BUT I know it is connected via ethernet. I took the same ethernet connection that I am using right now to hook up the Webcaster X2. So the connection is good. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you getting a “Device is offline” message? If so this would confirm that there is a network / internet issue. Perhaps you require static IP settings or a MAC address reservation on your network? If this is a company network I would recommend speaking to the network admin or IT staff regarding this.

It says the streaming has started but it is not showing hoo the Facebook page destination tat was selected

My wifi works just fine, but NO ethernet. I tried it on several networks and cables that all worked fine but still offline. Even some fresh open networks created at home just to see if it would work, no luck on the ethernet, and suggestions. I broadcast hockey games for a team and most rinks have terrible wifi so I really need to get the ethernet going.

Hi Brett, I was just emailing you separately, but for anyone else seeing this make sure that if you are using the Webcaster X2 on Ethernet turn off Wifi and have Ethernet turned on. Both of these settings would require you to have an external HDMI monitor or tv connected to the HDMI output of the Webcaster and also have a USB mouse connected. Then you can find these options under Settings. The other thing to make sure here is that the ethernet cable is plugged in properly, also worth testing with a different ethernet cable.

If the issue still occurs then it is a case for an RMA, which can go through a reseller if purchased through one, or us directly by filling out the form here: https://www.epiphan.com/support/rma-request/

You were telling me to go through my retailer, according to the directions on that link. But they are telling me to go through you according to this email which I have copied and pasted the screen here below. Which one is correct?

If the partner/reseller cannot help then just fill out the RMA request form here: https://www.epiphan.com/support/rma-request/