Tip for clean audio streaming on Facebook

Hello, I do livestream videos of concerts ,sometimes with my phone or GoPro , but since the sound is really loud and being near the PA system , I’m looking for a good option to get clean audio meanwhile I’m doing the live video , any tip,external microphone, level line, attenuator,

Thanks

I would see if you could get an audio feed from mixer. But you would need some audio interface to take the analog audio and convert it to digital like a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface. Also you will need to be close to the mixer (or long cable). If you want to roam free, you would need a wireless audio device to get audio from mixer to camera. Like a wireless mic setup with a transformer to step down the line level out from mixer to mic level. As most wireless transmitters are mic level inputs. Also with phone or GoPro you are dealing with 3.5mm inputs or lightning. GoPro’s also need the external mic adapter to mute the internal mic audio coming up the HDMI cable.

1 Like

Another approach is to introduce your audio feed from the board into the HDMI signal between your camera and your streaming device. Using an HDMI audio inserter, you can merge an audio signal and a video signal from different devices, and feed that to your streaming box. This again makes use of a feed from the board (which is really the best way to go, especially if you have the capacity on the board to generate a custom mix for the streaming feed - it will sound so much better) through an audio cable of some sort. That cable goes into the audio inserter box, along with hdmi from your camera, it drops the audio from the camera and replaces it with the board’s audio feed, and outputs the new video/audio signal combined on as HDMI. The inserter box costs about $100 or less. An example is the “Monoprice BlackbirdTM 4K Series HDMI Audio Inserter”.

1 Like