Splitting a HDMI signal into the Pearl

I’m attempting to take a HDMI output from a macbook, and split it into two - One to go to a monitor, the second to go into the Pearl 2, so that we can capture the feed.

So far when I attempt it, I am getting a successful signal to the monitor, but ‘no signal’ from the pearl. Plugging a HDMI cable directly from the Macbook to the Pearl works.

I am using this splitter. Before I go to much further with diagnosing this, I wanted to check that what I am attempting is theoretically possible with the Pearl, and I’m not barking up the wrong tree!

Does anyone have experience of doing this, and can confirm it’s possible? Also suggestions about why it’s failing would be good…

NB - having progressed a bit, this issue hasn’t occured when using a different input (a PC rather than a Macbook as the HDMI source). Implies the issue might be with the MacBook, rather than the setup. But thoughts are welcome as always!

Macs have DHCP protection when plugged in digitally. a way around that is using a Barco 902 video switcher. inside the 902 unit you can turn DHCP content off and not have any issue broadcasting to the record unit. Or you can go analog instead of digital out of a thunderbolt or usb-C connection.