Speed of cell phone service

Our church has streamed 4 services to FB through a cell phone hot spot and Webcaster. I love Webcasters ease of use. The speed test numbers are really good 40 down and 40 up. They also have been measured as low as 6 down and 1.2 up. I notice a big variation in numbers. I notice when the upload speed drops below 1 Mbps the FB Live interrupts. I have the video set to 720P, if I change the video setting to 640 by 360 will the connection stay live through any drop in speed below 1 Mbps?
Thanks for the answer

Cell phone hotspots can indeed vary in the speed they deliver! If you find a hotspot that supports LTE+ (or LTE Advanced) and makes use of external antennas this can help allot.

The resolution won’t help much here unfortunately, however we added an automatic bitrate feature in the latest update to the Webcaster X2. If you haven’t already please update and enable this setting under Preferences as it should help here.

Something to keep in mind for all livestreaming using a cell phone or hot spot. If you are at a location where the crowd has a tendency to increase in size, thanks to technology, everyone of those people are carrying a “Smart phone” which is automatically connecting to the same cell tower you are. This does bring your available bandwidth down. As in my situation, 5,000 people showed up for a boat race and air show which basically shutdown the 3 cell towers that service the area.