Schedule events for recording

I was looking for a feature within the Pearl2 WebUI to schedule events in order to record them.
Our colleges are all scheduled in advance but we still need to click the record button manually.
Is there a work-around solution for this or is this feature planned on the Pearl software roadmap?

Regards,
Paul Crielaard

Currently the only option for scheduling is via Pearl’s direct integration with the CMS Kaltura.

All recording or streaming events would be scheduled through Kaltura’s platform which syncs to Pearl. At the time of the event, Kaltura would automatically trigger the recording or stream’s start/stop function for the appointed time

https://www.epiphan.com/userguides/pearl-2/Content/UserGuides/Streaming/setup/configCMSkaltura.htm?Highlight=kaltura

You say “currently” do you mean this could be a future feature in the WebUI? To me it looks like a rather basic feature and I am a little surprised it’s not there (yet). Kaltura is not an option since we are not streaming but only recording and I consider it as serious overkillI for only scheduling the recordings. For now I would be glad to find it on your roadmap…

“currently” in the sense that our development team is currently working on Panopto integration and, hopefully other CMS options to follow.

I would like some simple scheduling as well.
My plan currently is to just clone the Main channel and then rename them with the event name and put the proper unique injest URL for each one there.

Then I can select the event and start streaming.

Any updates on this topic? It’s the main feature my AV team is looking for.

1 Like