RS232 Control of the Pearl Mini

Hi Guys,

I trying to control the Pearl Mini via RS232.
I have the USB to RS232 cable so all good. But i require the coding for Power on and Power off of the unit and Coding to be able to Start the network stream and stop the network stream.
We have been able to control the unit rec start and stop no problem and this works but cant to find this others codes i require. Any help would be unreal.

Hi Keith,

There isn’t any RS232 command for powering on or off the Pearl Mini unfortunately.

But there are commands to start / stop streaming of the first configured stream in a channel. For example if you wanted to start streaming of channel 2’s first configured stream this would be:

SET.2.publish_enabled=on
SAVECFG

Then to turn if off:

SET.2.publish_enabled=
SAVECFG

As a note anytime you are using the RS232 “SET” commands they must be followed by a SAVECFG. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Salve, c’è un comando per avviare-fermare la registrazione del pearl mini con controllo seriale rs232?

Hello! Yes, there is such a command, you can find all the commands in the API user guide here, https://www.epiphan.com/userguides/pearl-api/Content/Home-Pearl-api.htm. The command is START or STOP to start or stop recording on all channels, or you can specify a specific channel, like START.1 or STOP.1 if you wanted to start or stop Channel 1.
I hope this helps!