Recorder Issues

Hi, I have a problem because 4 files I recorded with my Mini seem to be corrupted and I can’t play or edit once downloaded.
There are many other files recorded and downloaded with the same configuration file, no issues. Can anyone help me?

Hello Giacomo_Pollastri,

Hmmm, there are few things that might corrupt recordings like if a power loss occurs during your session, or if multiple recorders are present and active and the size limits for each recorder summed together exceeds the storage capacity of the SD card.

Can you play these same files within the Pearl Admin page without issue? When trying to play them on your computer, are you seeing a particular error? Have you tried opening the files in different programs?

Talk soon,

Hello,
No power loss, and the Storage never went under 40% of free space.

I can’t play the files from the admin page.

I tried to open files with VLC, quicktime, daVinci Resolve. Nothing to do.

Giacomo Pollastri

Are the files .mp4 or .mov? Do they have suffixes?

.mp4, no suffixes. Right file size for the recorded time (2,4Gb approx)

Giacomo Pollastri

Try adding .mp4 to the file names and if that doesn’t work try ,mov.

Are you stopping the recordings manually before powering off the device, or are you pulling/cutting power while the device is recording?

If you are pulling or removing power without stopping the recording that could definitely corrupt the video files

As well, what is the make and model of SD card being used? The SD card must be class 10/U3 due to required sustainable write speeds.
Sandisk Extreme and Sandisk Extreme Pro are both excellent examples you can use