Problems sending my 4K multi viewer output into one of the 4K pearl 2 inputs

I have a Geffen EXT-UHD600A-MVSL-41 4x1 4K hdmi multiviewer. It’s specs say it supports up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60.

I have a Pearl 2 with 4K option.

I plug the Geffen into my 4K monitor it connects no problem, but at 3840x2160 @ 60

When I connect it to the Pearl 2 I can only get 1920x1080. I tried making some custom EDIDs but the Pearl won’t accept them.

Is there a 4K, 3840x2160 @ 30 edid avail I can load into the Pearl? Maybe I, doing something else wrong?

My computer sources do the 4k@30 no problem. Was wondering if someone there can help. Thank you…!

Hi Jason,

Some video switchers and mixers lock onto target EDIDs based on the first logically connected video source. As an example, if the HDMI out 1 from your mixer is connected to a 1920 X 1080 monitor, it may quietly default to output 1080P to other devices, which Pearl may ignore.

One thing you could try is connecting Pearl into the first logical port to see if the behavior changes. If the issue does persist, I would recommend verifying any settings the Gefen may have for the outputs. It’s important to note that Pearl-2 is limited to HDMI 1.4, so if your source or output happens to be HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 standard it would not be captured.

If the issue persists, send us an email at info@epiphan.com for further troubleshooting

Hi Mrenaud,

Thank you for the reply. You got me taking a second look. The Gefen interface was confusing me. I saw 2160 @ 30 and didn’t realize that was a 4k resolution but it is. As soon as I picked that it worked out and the Pearl is seeing it properly.

Hmmmm, looks like your point about first logical input was also correct, using it in 4k-B its not seeing it properly but 4k-A it does.