Pearl mini SD card changeover

Hi there,

I work in a event company where we have more than one Pearl mini for recording and streaming usage.
We record to the SD card in the slot of the Pearl mini. Normally we download the files from the web GUI. This needs a lot of time and much effort for our field of use and I already read in your forum that it isn’t possible to take the SD card out of the slot and read it with a normal windows PC.
That isn’t very nice.

Anyway, I tired to read the recordings form the one Pearl mini with another Pearl mini. Finally I found out, that if the channel ID (number in front of my choosen Name of the Channel) is the same as in the other Pearl mini I can see the file which was recorded, but I can’t download or play it. Why? Is there any possibility?
Why uses the Pearl mini the scheme of removable discs, when I’m not allowed to use it like SD cards in camcorders or cameras?

Is there any Idea to solve my problem?

Thanks!

Hi Tim,

The SD card is formatted in a Linux file format, that’s why it’s not readable on a Windows PC, though there are 3rd party software solutions that would allow you to do this, however it’s not something we recommend as the SD card is not meant to take recordings on and off the device but to act as a system disk of sorts.

By default, the Pearl should be configured to offload the recording video files as soon as a USB drive is inserted into one of the USB slots. You can also change this behavior to allow for manual copying of specific files on the USB drive or you can enable a feature called “Automatic File Upload” or “AFU” which allows for a number of different ways of offloading the recorded files automatically, including uploading to networked storage, or external USB drive as soon as the files are recorded.

Here is a link to the relevant section in our online user guide:
https://www.epiphan.com/userguides/pearl-mini/Content/UserGuides/Streaming/record/recordAFUtoUSB.htm?Highlight=usb

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

• Adam

Many thanks for the quick information! :slightly_smiling_face:

good information and good thinking but i am no idea.