Pearl Mini disconnects from Facebook Live stream

We have had a system operating for almost a year now and just received a call about their stream being randomly cut off. They use an Epiphan Pearl Mini to stream to Facebook Live. They have had no issues with their stream until about a week ago when they suddenly dropped frames (down to about 3 frames per second) on their Facebook Live stream and eventually it disconnected saying “Low Bandwidth”. When they do a speed test, they find that they have 300mb/s upload speed. How can this be? While looking at your forums I see a lot of “Bandwidth issue with ISP” or “Firewall”, but they claim they haven’t made a change to their network.

The Epiphan reports: “Insufficient Bandwidth Detected”
Facebook reports: “Live video interrupted, the broadcast has been paused.”

We have the latest firmware installed.

The recording light is constantly blinking, but there is no storage device and they are not using the recording function of the Mini.

System Load: 42%

The issue is highly likely to be network related. There are a number of different factors that could affect the network behavior such as Pearl Mini’s network settings, a Firewall, network security restrictions, DHCP leasing, DNS related issues, bandwidth fluctuation from the internet service provider, etc.

I would recommend sending us an email to info@epiphan.com with a description of the issue, serial number of the device, description of the configuration/setup, and download and include the permanent logs for the device so that we can investigate the issue further

I agree, it seems to be network related. I am going to grab that power cable tomorrow and then bring it back to our office to test on our network and see where that brings us.