Need web browser interface in Webcaster x2 system to use wifi signal on public places

Hotels, restaurants, and other venues use that kind of system to log in typing a guest name and password in a web site. Any Android smartphone can connect and do live stream video. A simple web browser of some sort in the Android Webcaster x2 system to be able to use this kind of open wifi’s.

1 Like

I would agree 1000% I Haven’t been able to stream as often as I like, because my minutes were used up on the Cell phone and I couldn’t use the wifi because of having to login in first. We all know that a hardwired connection is prefered but the reality is that most establishments , won’t let me tie into their network hub, I wouldn’t allow some band to do that either if I owned the place. Being able to go to a web page and acknowledge, would be a very needed thing.

Here is the solution that works for me on most wifi with portals.

Find mac address of the device you want to give access to. Also find your laptops mac address and save it.

Use some method to “spoof” your laptops wifi mac address to the mac address of the device.

Ive used http://www.macspoofer.com/ , there are plenty of tools and some terminal commands that work.

Connect to wifi and accept terms and conditions from your laptop with the changes mac address.

Revert/change your laptop back to original mac address.

Connect to wifi with your device. It should be pre-author based on mac address.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

If I am live streaming via YouTube, can I use the HDMI out of the Webcaster X2 as input to an AV.IO HD and send that via USB to a laptop? The laptop could log in to the wi-fi, overcoming the inability of the Webcaster X2 to do so.
This would preserve my ability to use two cameras (one hdmi and one usb)
Anyone?

In theory (I dont own a AV.iO HD) you should be able to do so. You will get whatever the webcaster X2 displays (including chat and mouse cursor movement) but that will miss the purpose of the ‘all in one’ PORTABLE solution. I would look in to the netgear pr2000 or TP Link N300 “Travel Router” around 35 to 100dlls (depends on the brand) as Loren Winzeler suggested. I havent been able to get one but it looks solid option… you would enter the password on the hotel´s webpage or other type of venue, using your mobile phone linked to the “Travel router”. After that you either plug the Webcaster X2 directly with a lan cable or via a wireless wifi signal that the "Travel router " virtualy creates. Hopefuly someone who has one can confirm this “Theory”

100% agree + ability (we always must have a monitor connected) to pair, describe, create event on YT studio, etc.

Thanks for the continued stream (pun intended) of information Arturo. I almost invested in some wifi gear, but now don’t have to with the latest Webcaster X2 firmware release (which allows logging in to “captive” networks.) I haven’t tried it out yet, but it should multiply the number of events I can live stream. On a related note, I got an AV.IO HD for 165 on ebay.

Hello…as per my knowledge a hardwired connection is prefered but the reality is that most establishments , won’t let me tie into their network hub, I wouldn’t allow some band to do that either if I owned the place.