My webcaster x2 does not recongnize Logitech PTZ Pro 2

Hello all,

I need help……, my webcaster x2 doesn’t recognize Logitech PTZ PRO 2, do you have any idea Why ? we just made the official firmware update to 2.1 and the same….

Thanks for your help……

Have a nice day

Hi Franchic! The firmware version on your camera shouldn’t make a difference, unless there was a bug present in older versions that prevented UVC/UAC operation of the camera.

Also it looks like in your screenshot that the camera is still on the older firmware, unless this shot was taken just before you pressed update now?

Regardless, we unfortunately can’t guarantee that every USB camera will work on the Webcaster X2, for example the camera might present as multiple USB devices when plugged in.

However, there are some steps you can try for troubleshooting:

1. Make sure the camera is plugged into the USB port on the side, next to the HDMI port. This is the only port that will work for UVC/UAC devices.
  2. Plug the camera in before the Webcaster X2 is powered on
  3. Make sure you have the USB camera feature turned on, as it’s still a beta feature it needs to be turned on manually, by default its off.

You can turn this feature on by going to the Preferences icon in the lower right of the screen and checking the "Enable USB camera (BETA) checkbox in the Stream Details section.
Right click to exit the Preferences and save the changes.

You may have to reboot the Webcaster X2 one more time with the camera connected once this feature has been enabled.

You can view more information on this feature in the X2 user guide: https://www.epiphan.com/userguides/webcaster-x2/Content/3_Shared/usb-camera-intro.htm

Best of luck!

Hi Adam,

We have done exactly that but it didn’t worked, with the webcaster X2, if we try the same camera only changing the cable to a windows 10 pc it work perfect, we have also try with another HD camera and the Webcaster X2 worked but with the Logitech PTZ PRO 2 it doesn’t, do you have any idea what it could be ?.. it is really strange……

Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day

Unfortunately there are no other settings on the Webcaster X2 which you could change to remedy this situation. The Webcaster is a simple device (on purpose). It looks for a UVC/UAC compliant signal and nothing else. In theory it should work, but depending on various factors, such as the specific implementation of UVC in the camera, it may not.

I wish there was more I could tell you but it may be possible that the Logitech PTZ PRO 2 simply isn’t compatible with the Webcaster X2. We’ve not had the opportunity to test here at our lab so at this point in time we’re unable to give any more recommendations.

My only thought personally would be check and see if there settings available on the camera itself, perhaps there are features you could turn off, for example, audio. If the camera presents itself as multiple devices when plugged into USB this could cause an issue.