Low Cost Live Production System via Webcaster

I’ve been playing with the Webcaster X2 for about a week and I’m thrilled with it. My goal was to build a low cost live production system which would support two cameras and multiple audio sources. Here’s a diagram of my system, which only leaves me wanting in one area (and not Epiphan’s issue)… more bandwidth… something we all need more of.

Everything works fine, including the BETA webcam features, except for a few of the keyboard commands. In addition, it can be operated by one person not on camera. I’m a newbie with this and welcome all suggestions or ideas. I would love to be able to also have a computer display that could be switched into the stream, but that third video source would significantly increase my cost and likely would require a real switcher such as the little Roland for about $1K. So far, I only have about $700 invested counting everything except the main Sony A6000 Camera.

3 Likes

Glad to hear things are working out for you.
One suggestion for a ‘cheap’ switcher to try and expand the HDMI options would be this one.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1162535-REG/shinybow_sb_3691_2x1_hdmi_pip.html

I see on image of @Andy_Fertal & i don’t know why add selector switch in this?

I suggested the small switcher as Andy was asking about mixing in an additional HDMI source from a computer.
This would require an external switcher in front of the Webcaster X2.

2 Likes

Treva
4m
Hi
I am new and i would like to start live streaming during church services, therefore i need assistance in coming up with a checklist for me to go live.

Information i require include:

The type of camera :camera_flash:
Cables involved
The type of laptop that works properly with the webcaster
External monitor needed
Regards
Trevor Mutsipa

It is difficult to give a detailed list, as there are a lot of possible options that would best suit your particular environment.
In general you would be looking for:

• A camera with a live, clean, HDMI output at 720P or 1080P. This could be a simple Handycam or something more complex. Fairly popular option choice is the Panasonic G7 or G85.
  • HDMI cables from the camera to Webcaster will depend on what camera you choose.
  • No laptop is needed for the Webcaster, as it is a standalone hardware encoder.
  • An external monitor is very helpful but not strictly required. a field monitor like the Bestview S7 is a great option.
  • Of course a Webcaster and an internet connection.

Hello Andy, Thank you for the sharing. One question I have is about HDMI monitor. I am interesting at the Eyoyo 7" monitor as well. Based on the description for the model E7S, it has an audio indicator. Do you see sound level on the monitor? if so, it will help to know audio is sent out to streaming and I can check the level.

Update; I bought E5 instead of E7S and tested today. The sound level worked very well.

Thank you.
-Hiroshi

this has to be a lie, how are you connecting your logitech webcam without uploading the software that comes with the camera?

it seems i owe you an apology for saying the webcam hookup was a lie; it’s not a lie as i’ve discovered with my own web cam ( logitech c310 ) my apologies to you once again.