Issue with Pearl2 and Birddog P200 via NDI

Hi EveryOne,

I’m facing some issue connecting a Birddog p200 camera to Pearl2 via NDI. I could get the video image from the NDI monitor. However, in the Pearl2, Im getting a error message “device not found” when I set up the NDI source.

Anyone got similar experience?

Regards,

Norman

Are the camera and Pearl-2 on the same subnet or separate subnets? This could affect the discoverability of the camera. As well, you may need to make Pearl-2 the NTP server of the camera to increase compatibility

Hi Mrenaud,

Thanks for your input. the camera and the Pearl2 are on the same subnet. but the camera do not support an entry for NTP. could you advice if NTP is a must for the setup?

thanks,

Norman

Not necessarily. It depends on the signal compatibility.

It’s possible it could be an NDI standard/version mismatch causing the issue. I’d recommend sending us an email at info@epiphan.com so that we can do more extensive troubleshooting

Got the same Problem with Sony SRG-X400 which is more or less a Birddog P400. Didn’t want to start NDI. In Studio monitor or converter it works perfectly.

HI have a brand new system “Pearl-2” with one Birddog camera getting the same error in Pearl2
I have one PTZ optics no issues it has ntp check and usable in web UI adjustments
Is there a fix or work around. THE P100 works fine in NDI monitor and other receiver’s
I have a equall question to Birddog on Firmware updates to include ntp
Thanks
JCG

If the Birddog camera has a newer NDI standard than the one on Pearl-2 it could certainly cause compatibility issues. Pearl-2 is currently on NDI 4.1 standard but many of the new birddog cameras are NDI 4.5 standard. This is something we will be able to update in future firmware versions, however at the moment Pearl-2 is limited to 4.1 standard for NDI. I would recommend verifying the camera’s standard

Mrenaud,

Thanks for the Information. I was not aware that Birddog was at 4.5 NDI firmware at this time .

They did not mention that aspect.

I will use the camera as HDSDI for now till I see updates.

Kindest Regards

Jeff Galatro Sr.