Inserting prerecorded video into Pearl Mini stream

We got our Pearl Mini a few days ago and I’m having a good time figuring it out. Right now with OBS we’re able to go from live video to a prerecorded video pretty easily but with the Pearl I’ve been told we have to feed in the prerecorded video as another source from outside the device.

I’m experimenting with playing video on a laptop and duplicating the screen through HDMI, as if the Pearl were a projector and this works, but what is the best way to do this so that the stream doesn’t get the windows in it? I don’t want to see the play button flash or video controls.

I guess I could crop the source in the Pearl. Does anyone know if there’s a better way to get a clean HDMI signal from a laptop into the Pearl.

Thanks for any help!
Phil

Hi Phil - Try this. Download screen monkey and setup your laptop to have an external monitor output as your second screen, this will be the one that outputs to the pearl mini. Screen Monkey will allow you to play a video from the first screen to the second screen with no play bar or other annoying windows or frames. Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you for this. I’ll give it a try!