I can't receive the signal with DVI2USB3.0 via DisplayPort to DVI-D cable

Hello,

I’m trying to grab the signal from Philips EPIQ 7G with the DVI2USB3.0.

Philips EPIQ 7G is medical diagnosis equipment and it has a DisplayPort for an external monitor.

However, The epiphan capture tool software shows the no signal message when I connect the DVI2USB3.0 with DisplayPort to DVI-D cable.

Actually, It takes a long time for parameter configuration phase, and show a distorted screen(just one shot, under 1 second) and then it shows “no signal”

By the way, the combination which DVI2USB3.0 with DisplayPort to DVI-D cable can show the screen normally at normal PC environment.

What should I do?

First I would recommend you make sure that the EPIQ 7G can output to a regular monitor through this DisplayPort to DVI adapter. If this doesn’t work then you may need to get a different adapter.

Then I would also make sure that for testing you try to reduce any cables or equipment in between so it is just direct from the adapter to the DVI2USB 3.0 to the computer with as short cables as possible. For example don’t have any splitters, extenders, switches, docks, hubs, etc here.

Thanks for your reply.

It will take some time to confirm something like your proposal.

Because the EPIQ 7G is not in our possession, we need permission to use it.

Anyway, Is there any possibility of a frequency problem?

I found something in the EPIQ 7G user manual as follow;

image.png

But my DVI2USB3.0 is configured with 30fps. So I wonder if that doesn’t matter.

If you have any idea, please let me know.

Best regards

Youngkyun Park.

2019년 5월 17일 (금) 오후 10:45, NotGeorge via Epiphan Video infoscriptread@epiphan.com님이 작성:

No issues there at all. The DVI2USB 3.0 can certainly capture from a 1080p60 signal, even if we are currently capturing only 30fps to the computer from this it wouldn’t cause any problems.