Facebook live button

Just purchased a pearl mini. Our church has been using a webcaster x2 for awhile now and thought we would do the switching and Facebook Live through the mini. Is there a way to get around going to facebook in a browser to start the live stream? It seems like we went backwards going to the pearl mini, because this wasn’t needed on the webcaster.

Pearl mini is a significantly more robust solution that uses standard open streaming protocols, in this case RTMPS/RTMP. Because these are open streaming protocols capable of streaming to ANY platform that supports the provided stream types, it does require the extra step of starting a live stream from the platform.

The legacy Webcaster X2 was an API device. This means this device was integrated directly with the Facebook platform intended to work with the developed back-end of Facebook. This also means that this device is limited in its functions and capabilities. It could only stream to the integrated platforms, and did not use open standards such as our Pearl family of products and the vast majority of streaming devices.

I apologize for the inconvenience of the extra step for streaming to Facebook however there is no possible workaround to avoid this.

Is there any other product that would skip that step. I am trying not to have a computer in our sound booth?

We do not have any other API integrated devices unfortunately. Webcaster X2 was a unique device of its kind in the Epiphan Video family of products.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience