Echo during recording

Hi there. So glad there is finally a community forum!!
My problem- We are attempting to record audio generated through a laptop (a previously recorded audio file), along with slides from a Powerpoint presentation (these exist on a separate laptop). When we play the audio files on the laptop along, they are clean. When we connect this audio feed (which is running through a mixer) to the Pearl, we experience an echo/stutter in audio. What am I missing?
Going into Analog A for audio and VGA-A for VGA feed. Neither laptop is the “admin” laptop. I’ve tried playing audio on both a PC and a MAC, same outcome. Going headphone out, to mixer, to Pearl with audio.

If you run the Headphone out from the laptop directly to the Pearl, do you still hear the echo? In the Pearl layouts, do you only have a single audio source selected?
The description sounds like maybe the mixer is introducing the echo, if we can try without it, hopefully we can narrow down the root cause.

Only one audio source is selected (Analog A). I tried going directly to Pearl from laptop and the same thing happened. Stuttering echo. It isn’t constant but occurs every 20 seconds or so, but sporadically.

Very odd.
Can you send our support team an email, info@epiphan.com, with a recording sample and Pearl Configuration Preset file?
This will help us to better understand the issue.

Update-I was experiencing the problem while monitoring the recording via the headphone jack on the Pearl. Audio issue is not present upon playback of recorded file. This is strange because I have never experienced hearing this stutter during a live recording, (I’m working on creating files from pre-recorded files as I mentioned). It’s a bit disconcerting but my recording is clean, so problem solved…I guess. Maybe good ole Pearl was just having trouble processing, encoding and sending audio to monitor?
Thanks George! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got some similar problems. My audio was clean when I checked it, but in the stream was an echo and its getting louder in PiPs. So I checked every Layout and saw, that there were two audiosources active at the same time PiP1 (audio a) and PiP2 (audio a) so I turned one source off and the volume was at the same level but I still got an echo on the stream but not on the recordings.
The echo was because of the insufficent bandwith of the streaming PC, so I reduce the streaming quality in the browser and the echo was gone.