DVI2USB third-party software

Hi there!

I’m trying to write my own software to make use of captured vga input. It sounds like Epiphan no longer supports linux drivers for the vga2usb, and per the response in this post, it sounds like the DVI2USB SDK is EOL as of 2017.

Is there still any supported interface for third-party linux (Ubuntu, likely 64-bit ARMv8, possibly 64-bit x86) software to access the captured frames? The old docs mentioned Video4Linux – I’m not very familiar with V4L, but my understanding is that as of Linux 2.5, V4L has been replaced by V4L2. Does DVI2USB support V4L2? If so, has Epiphan committed to continuing to support that for some period of time? I wouldn’t want to start using it via V4L2 only to have that EOLed in a year or two.

Also, the docs mention software examples but I haven’t been able to find any lying around. If these still exist, especially for any currently supported interface, could someone help point me at them?

Best,
Matt

Hi Matt,

You’re correct that Linux driver support for our “2USB” capture series has ended, and the SDK has been EOL for some time now.

As far as we know, V4L2 should work with the DVI2USB, while we haven’t tested it ourselves, we see no reason why it shouldn’t work, however this is not likely to be something we would support or test unfortunately as driver support for Linux has ended.

Unfortunately there are no software examples which would be available for this, apologies for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

• Adam