Custom resolution - to support tablet

Hello Epiphan

I work with different biometric sensor, one of which is Eyetracking. We service many people trying to do efficient eyetracking studies via a tablet or smartphone, by connecting the device to your Framegrabber.

I need the feed of the framegrabber to fillout the whole field of view, without any black border.
If i were to capture the feed from another standard computer running 1920x1080, and the framegrabber, is capturing at a resolution of 1920x1080, then it fills out the whole screen.

Is there a way i can change the framegrabbers resolution to 1024×768? its not one of the options in the configuration tool. Either for AV.io 4K or for the DVI2USB3

If i can get the feed of my ipad, to fill out the whole view on the framegrabber image, ergo no black borders. Then i can succesfully do my eyetracking on the devices.

Can you tell me if there is a way i can do this? either by applying a custom resolution to the framegrabber, or any other way, that would accomplish a similar solution.

Kind regards
Mike Thomsen

Hi Mike,

Is this something where part of the incoming captured image has black bars that need to be cropped out? If so for the DVI2USB 3.0 this could be done if you are using our Capture Tool application, this would be under Tools -> Options -> Capture. Here you can check the box for cropping, specify the starting top/left position, the width, and height, then click OK or Apply.

Or is it that the source is supposed to be sending 1024x768 but instead is sending 1920x1080 and adding the black bars? If this is the case changing the EDID on the DVI2USB 3.0 may help here. You would need this file: https://www.epiphan.com/downloads/edid/edid_1024x768.edid To upload first disconnect any cabling from the DVI side of the DVI2USB 3.0, then in our capture tool go to Tools -> Upload EDID to device, select the downloaded EDID file and click Open. After this is done you can reconnect the video source and hopefully the source will now be sending 1024x768