Confused by "Disable platforms" message

I currently have my X2 paired with Facebook via the launch screen (assuming that’s the one that says “choose platform” and is accessed at the top right of the home screen).

However on the preferences page, I now see a message that says “Disable platforms, Choose which streaming services are available from launch screen and multi-function button.” I don’t recall seeing it before, so i unchecked the “Facebook” box on the page, but I think I probably left it checked before I noticed the message, and didn’t see any problems with the subsequent live stream.

Why the message? If none of the platforms are supposed to be checked, why are they still listed?

What am I missing here?

The disable option has been present for the last 4 or 5 firmware updates. It is simply a way to disable unused platforms from sight. If you want to switch between applications double-clicking the button on the side of the device, as an example, it will switch between all the active applications.

If you disabled all platforms except Youtube and Facebook, then when double-clicking or switching between applications only those two would be seen or accessible.