Compatibility with Teams

Hi,

I am using an AV.io 4K with a Nikon Z6 II as a webcam via USB to a Mac Pro (2013). The signal is clean and crisp in Zoom and other video capture software, but in Teams it is returning a very grainy picture, it seems particularly bad at the fine detail of hair. It is so bad I am now using a LinkCam 4K for Teams calls which is working fine.

Obviously not an AV.io problem but would appreciate any workarounds, hints or tips to get it working as it is a superior product in every other way.

Thanks

Andy

Hello,
I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue! We are looking into updating the firmware of our AV.io series cards to try and increase the quality in conferencing apps that use dynamic scaling, like Zoom and Teams. However, in the meantime you can use a program like OBS to capture the video, and then output that to Teams as a virtual camera. This moves the scaling from AV.io to OBS, which results in a higher quality, if more performance intensive, image.

Teams also scales the image based on the window size, so ensuring that the Teams window is as large as possible will help somewhat. I hope that this helps!