Compatibility AV.IOHD

Hello, I’m looking in to getting yet another unit, which would be connected to a laptop/mobile device with 4G LTE placed at a customer.

I’m looking for the cheapest and smallest device that would work with the AVIOHD - video signal to be captured is only 1024x728 (60 fps I belive).

I’m considering a Hybrid laptop/tablet, with a Quad core Atom x5 Z8350 processor with 4GB RAM and a USB-A 3.0 port. https://cdon.dk/hjemme-elektronik/-p45018837

Would this work with AV.IO HD devices?

Thanks
Ulrik

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee compatibility/performance with these kinds of systems due to potential USB power and bandwidth/performance issues.

A powered USB hub could be used here to help the power issue, but because the AV.io delivers the video stream uncompressed, it requires a fair amount of USB bandwidth, especially at 60fps. Since we have not tested the AV.io with this system or others like we couldn’t say for sure that it would work and/or the performance would be adequate.

The operating system is compatible however, being Windows 10, we just can’t guarantee performance or compatibility unfortunately. USB 3.0 would definitely be a requirement here as well, for acceptable performance.

Thanks, I appreciate that you guarentee performance with a specific system. Its great that I would be able to help the power issue with an externally supplied USB hub, but would there be a place to look up the max USB bandwidth for a system before buying? (Or is it not possible to determine from processor chip + USB-A 3.0 port?) I would be able to accept a much lower fps than 60, around 15 perhaps, if this helps. Can this be configured in the AV.IO HD?

Finding max USB bandwidth specs for any given system can be hard/next to impossible. The USB 3.0 standards are out there, but whether any given system/chipset could actually achieve those data rates is generally not advertised.

The good news is from the perspective of the AV.io this doesn’t really matter in the sense that it just sends what it can, the rest being limited by the system bandwidth and capture software settings.

In short, you can’t limit the frame rate coming out the AV.io other than to tell your capturing software that you want a different frame rate.

Hope this helps!