Cannot get USB microphone to work

Webcaster X2, enabled USB audio, installed latest firmware and software, and rebooted. Anyone have similar experience?

It’s would be entirely up to the make and model. If the device is a true UAC standard (no required drivers or software) it should* be compatible, however we have seem some devices, such as the Blue Snowball that does not work, but the Blue Yeti does.

Good point. The mic I am attempting is Samson Technologies Meteor USB Condenser Microphone. http://www.samsontech.com/

The website lists
" * Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software" meaning it may not be supported on the android based systems and does require software for use. This may be the cause of the issue.

Thank you. The Blu Yeti was mentioned as compatible. In future shopping is there something I should look for in the specifications, I.e., ‘no driver required’?

The USB feature is a beta feature and as there are thousands of USB devices on the market it is impossible to test them all. Typically you are looking for “UAC standard” or “no drivers needed” nothing that requires an installation of any kind.

Picked up a Yeti Blue. Still no sound. It sees it and USB audio is on and Yeti selected as input and default selected as output. The fact that it sees the Yeti is positive. I must have something set incorrectly.

Using USP port next to HDMI in and paired with Youtube.

How are you trying to preview the audio? Is this a test of a live stream to YouTube?

Hi Adam. I am testing using a live stream to YouTube.

Hmm, the only settings on the Webcaster that should apply here would be to enable the USB source option, and then also enable the USB audio option. Then it would make use of the USB audio instead of the HDMI audio. Perhaps try rebooting the Webcaster so it powers on with the USB source already connected?

Thank you, Adam. Interestingly I get occasional warning messages that the incoming (MHz?) rate is below threshold and the message references HDMI input, so it may be looking that way as you suggest. I hope to be able to use both HDMI (for PowerPoint, etc.) and USB (audio) concurrently. Let me continue trying and testing. The good news it Webcaster sees the Yeti.