Can Pearl-2 do everything I need to produce presentation videos like this?

I would like to be able to produce videos at home which look like this one:

The video combines the HDMI output from the computer (which appears to the computer as another monitor) on which the presentation is given (using LibreImpress in the video above). And on the left side you can see the speaker live video picture-in-picture, with an alpha blended name overlay. Plus there is the surrounding chyron (?) which shows the talk title and conference name.

Can Pearl-2 do all of this right out of the box, i.e. no separate rendering or other such steps? The literature alludes to this, that it has an easy to use editor for defining how the video is composed.

Thanks

Yes the Pearl 2 could certainly do all of this out of the box. The only caveat being that the name overlay would have to be generated ahead of time with an alpha channel as there are no transparency options for graphics elements inside the Pearl, all transparencies need to be done via alpha channel.

I’ve linked (with time stamp) to a section of a video we produced so you get an idea of how to create a custom layout like the one you provided an example of: https://youtu.be/SiO20iP56Vk?t=124

Hopefully this gives you an idea of how powerful custom layouts in the Pearl could be and how you could come up with almost any layout you could imagine!

Oh HELL YES!!! I’m getting excited!! I love the idea of getting multiple crops out of one big 4K frame!!!

I’m a Photoshop expert, so when you say I have to do the name overlay is that as simple as just generating a PNG or equivalent file that has a transparency channel? That’s no problem at all, and the name isn’t going to change much. Or if I’m really desperate I could just not do the transparent overlay and just put the name below the live video.

Glad to hear it! Yes that’s correct, a PNG with alpha/transparency channel will do the job.