Avio.HD Unable to Connect to Samsung A71

Hi, new user here

I have Avio.HD. I am unable to connect to Samsung A71 (For data transfer, my PC still detect the device). With the same setup, It worked fine on Samsung S20.

I have tried to allow USB debugging setting but nothing change. Is there any setup that I have been missing? Appreciate the help, Thank you!

Hello,

Provided the phone is USB OTG compatible and a “true” USB OTG adapter is being used, it should work. However we have not tested against this particular phone so could not say for certain. There is definitely no configuration of the AV.io itself that would be necessary for this, so it would all be down to the phone/adapter being used or the particular USB settings of the phone itself.

What color is the LED on the AV.io once connected to the phone? Generally we would want to see a green or ideally blue LED (USB 2.0./3.0), a red LED would indicate a USB communication issue.

Hi Adam, thank you for speedy response

I also tried it with Samsung S7 edge and the same problem arise. The color for LED is Blue before and after connected to the phone. I checked from ephiphane config and it show no signal

Regarding the USB OTG Adapter, I used the same adapter for Samsung S20 (which is fine) and A71 and S7edge

Hello,

Looking some more into this and it seems like USB to HDMI may not actually be supported on the A71 or the S7 edge: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-connect-my-phone-to-my-tv-using-hdmi/

A good test for this is to try connecting directly to a display and see if you get a signal, there might also be some issues with different adapter types needed for different phones, i.e. MHL vs SlimPort

Cheers,

• Adam

Hi Adam,

I want to confirm, based on your answer, is the only solution to change my device to phone that support HDMI connection?

Do you have any tips to make sure that the device will support connection to Avio HD

Thanks!

It would appear so unfortunately. The list I linked in the previous response should work for Samsung, for other brands you would have to find a similar list from the manufacturer.

Best of luck!

• Adam