Avio 4k with xbox one x problems. Please Help

I cannot get my xbox one x to output to 4k when using a 4k splitter and the Avio 4k capture card. . support said try a different splitter and I have tried several with no change. What splitter should I be using, I have 2 4k monitors and as soon as I unplug the avio from the splitter my xbox goes right into 4k, I am starting to wonder if it is a faulty capture card. The card keeps disconnecting from my pc and then I have to unplug it to reset it.

It should certainly be possible to capture 4K from your Xbox One X with AV.io 4K and a 4K HDMI splitter. We have been successful ourselves as well in capturing 4K gameplay from Xbox One S and Xbox One X. Splitters can vary greatly on behavior and the way it detects a signal. Youtuber Rerez, and our own internal testing was successful using the OREI HDS-102 4K Splitter for capture.

The behavior of some splitters, including the mentioned OREI model, require that our AV.io be connected in the first HDMI port and take priority for the EDID so that the signal is seen correctly as 4K.

I would recommend connecting the AV.io 4K to port 1 on the HDMI splitter on its own and configure the settings in the chosen software, make sure HDR is disabled on the Xbox, to see if the Xbox sees the signal first in 4K. Once everything is configured, then you should be able to connect your monitor. If everything works correctly you should be all set.

If connecting the monitor changes the signal output from the Xbox then it’s possible it could be an EDID conflict or related to the refresh rate of the monitor. If that is the case, more extensive testing and troubleshooting may be required and we would recommend reaching out to our support team at info@epiphan.com

He’s definitely using the wrong splitter and tv set up can cause issues to I was one the people to buy this product when it coming out beta and I’ve used it with may splitter that work with certain TV but other that work with every TV you need to go to a computer store or videos only TV store and buy there hdmi splitter I will post videos on YouTube for those who are still confused :confused::wink: on what I’m talking about.

I could just tell you the ones I use to and also there a new one coming out