AV.io HD not recognized as a monitor

Hi there,
I use several video sources and some of them don’t recognize the video grabber.
This happens when I connect the AVio HD to the HDMI output of a Windows computer.

I noticed that before connecting on the machine, the grabber is well recognized as an extra monitor called ‘AVio HDMI’ when I connect it to my Mac. But after connecting to the Windows computer, my Mac recognize it as a ‘unknown computer’ with a poor list of resolution (720p and 1080p only). The main problem is that I want to grab the Windows video signal and it doesn’t work.
Do you have any suggestion? Some computers/video adapters are not compatible with AVio HD?

Thank you,

Hello,
Sorry that you’re running into this issue! The AV.io HD should be compatible with just about any computer out there, since it uses the same drivers that your basic webcam uses. It’s possible that there is some sort of EDID corruption going on when the AV.io is moved between your Mac and your Windows PC though. Could you please check that the firmware on the AV.io is updated to the most recent, and even if it is could you please try reinstalling it and checking if it works correctly with the Windows PC?

This section of the AV.io user guide covers updating the firmware step-by-step, https://www.epiphan.com/userguides/avio-hd/Content/UserGuides/VideoGrabber/UVC/4-Configure/updateFirmware.htm

Hopefully, this will resolve the issue. If the EDID has been corrupted somehow reinstalling the firmware should set it back to defaults. Make sure that there are NO video sources connected to the AV.io HD when you perform the firmware update!