AV.io 4K Losing Connection with PC intermittently

Hello,

I work at UIC and we are using the AV.io 4K capture card to bridge an HDMI camera + a balanced audio signal to our classroom computers to use with conferencing platforms.

Every so often, we receive calls from instructors noting that the camera and/or mic does not work and when we get to the room all we have to do is to disconnect and reconnect the capture card from the PC.

The capture card is connected directly to the PC, via a USB 3.0 port. I see a blue signal light which means a connection with the pc has been established via usb 3.0.

Would you guys have any idea what might be happening?

Thanks,

-William

Hi William,

This may be related to selective USB suspend, which will shut down USB devices after a period of “inactivity”. Please confirm the following settings:

Under Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change plan settings. Make sure that Windows power options are set to “High performance” and if this is a laptop, make sure the AC adapter is plugged in. Also under Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings set USB settings -> USB selective suspend setting to Disabled and PCI Express -> Link State Power Management to Off

Fast startup can be disabled under Control Panel -> Power Options -> "Choose what the power buttons do" -> "Change settings that are currently unavailable". Then uncheck "Turn on fast startup" and click Save changes

Hi Adam,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’ll forward this info to our endpoint management team to apply the settings mentioned and we’ll monitor to see how it goes.

Thanks!

-William